This online course spells out what you can do to develop your own mental good health in the workplace, as well as that of your colleagues.
As such it empowers everyone (managers and non-managers alike) to take good care of themselves. It covers (a) the major diagnoses in mental illness, (b) the 4 bases you need to cover to maintain good mental health and help others do so; and (c) how the material covered meshes with your workplace.
The course covers a great deal:
- What constitutes mental health.
- The 5 areas of functioning:
- Mental illness: what is and is not mental illness, distressing everyday experience versus mental illness – is one more important than the other?
- What the World Health Organisation says.
- The complex brain: how it can – and does - pull us in conflicting directions.
- How to develop your good Mental Health and wellbeing, and how to maintain it.
- The 4 bases we need to cover for good mental health.
- Behaviour: what we do. This defines ‘our life’!
- Biology: sleep; diet; exercise, illness, etc.
- Surroundings: housing, social contacts, family, debts, etc.
- Thinking: our mental life. Even if everything else is in order, we can still trip ourselves up!
- Being a good colleague.
- Spotting signs of problems in others.
- Interacting helpfully with people who are having mental health problems.
- Support from friends and family.
- Helping the person to talk and think.
- Empathy and validation.
- Summary: the Do’s and Don’ts.
- Sources of outside help.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Driving good mental health in the workplace
Your cart is empty